Why Choose Timbarra P-9
Our school design meets the requirements of today; have the capability to adapt as needs change and the ability to rise to meet new challenges. The learning spaces at Timbarra are engaging and inspiring places that foster collaboration, creativity, independence, research and community. It is a place where students and teachers look forward to going everyday as well as somewhere the community of Timbarra can use and enjoy.
Student wellbeing underpins the total operations of Timbarra College P-9. We endeavour to ensure that all students experience a safe and secure environment free from bullying. Students are organised into home groups that provide supportive Pastoral care.
- The College has implemented the Victorian Curriculum which underpins a strong emphasis on academic achievement, exemplary technologies and community connectedness, delivered through contemporary learning and teaching practices. This means that your child receives a contemporary education that prepares them for a successful future.
- The curriculum and programs are organised to cater for the learning needs of all students. Personalised learning underpins the approaches to learning and teaching. Where required students are provided with interventions that support their learning and higher achieving students are able to participate in enrichment activities.
- Your child has access to technologies that enhance learning. All students across Year 7-9 have access to a one to one NetBook computer program.
- Year 9 prepares students for future learning. The Year 9 program contains a number of features including:
- A specific Year 9 experience that takes them beyond the school.
- A comprehensive transition program developed in conjunction with local Secondary Colleges.
- A wide range of leadership opportunities.
- Attendance at a our P-9 College means that students can keep their options open and make an informed choice when entering Year 10.