School Council comprises of parents, staff and co-opted members. Timbarra P-9 College has a 9 member council. Meetings are usually held once a month at the school. Notice of meetings will be in the newsletter. Parents/guardians and staff are welcome to attend. Parents/guardians, staff and community members are welcome to participate in our committees and working parties.
School council is responsible for: –
- The formation of school policy within the Department of Education and Training (DET) guidelines.
- The maintenance and cleaning of buildings and grounds.
- The financial management of the school’s resources and the accountability of these to the school community and DET.
- The promotion of the interest of the school.
- Reporting to the school community.
- The employment of non-teaching staff.
- The development of the school’s facilities and their use by others.